Blind Transfer Calls with Polycom VVX Telephones
The Blind Transfer allows you to send a call to an extension, or outside number, without waiting for an answer on the other side.
More information, such as how to perform a Consultative Transfer, how to make Conference Calls, and more, is also available to you in the Quick Reference Guides.
- Download the Polycom VVX Series 300 Quick Reference Guide (QRG) PDF
- Download the Polycom VVX Series 400 Quick Reference Guide (QRG) PDF
How to perform the Blind Transfer:
- Press and Hold the Transfer key (for about 1 second, until the screen changes)
- Dial the number you wish to transfer the call to (see tips below for some examples)
- Press the Send key to complete the blind transfer
See how to perform the Blind Transfer:
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/294450431" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
- You can transfer to any internal extension.
In this video transferring to ext 307 is demonstrated.
- You can transfer to an internal extension’s voicemail box (without ringing their phone and disturbing them).
To transfer to the voicemail of 307 add a * after the number … so instead of transferring to 307, you would transfer to 307*
- You can transfer to any outside telephone number.
Instead of dialing an extension number, dial the phone number (a cell phone for example) that you’d like to transfer the call to.